I’ve always been a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream. You could reach for that Mint Chip Halo Top, but Halo Top has cane sugar and other non-keto ingredients, so that’s not really a great idea if you want to stay in ketosis.
…OR you can whip up this extremely easy keto-approved shake to satisfy that craving:
- 1/3 cup of ice
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract (or more if you want a stronger mint flavor but BE careful! You can always add but you can’t take aware. You don’t want this to taste like toothpaste…)
- A few drops of vanilla or unflavored stevia
- 1-2 TBSP of Pyure or other Keto-approved sweetener, depending on how sweet you want this
- 1 Egg, pasteurized if you’re scared of raw eggs
- 1/4 tsp of Xanthan Gum (optional but this makes it a tad thicker)
- 7 grams (~1 TBSP) of raw cacao nibs. You can substitute a chopped up square of 90% dark chocolate, but raw cacao nibs are some of the healthiest thing on this planet (loaded with antioxidants and micro-nutrients such as magnesium), especially when they are not cooked, so you might wanna pick up some of these.
- Simply mix all of this in a Bullet or Blender! Add more sweetener/extract as needed for your own preference, and enjoy!
Be careful when selecting your mint extract at the store!
- Mint extract = A mixture of spearmint and peppermint extracts (spearmint works better in savory dishes)
- Peppermint extract = Only peppermint, which in my opinion is better for sweet recipes. Use this one for this recipe!
You can also add a TBSP of unsweetened cocoa powder if you wanted to make it chocolatey.