My favorite part of a fancy steak house is usually the Lobster bisque. However you gotta be careful with this when you go out since bisques can often have flour.
I’m still perfecting this recipe, but here’s where I’m at. I’m constantly playing with this one so I’ll keep the best one posted until I perfect it.
- 3 TBSP grassfed Butter
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 3 cups seafood broth
- 2 TBSP Tomato paste
- 1.5 pounds of cooked Lobster
- 1 cup sherry
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp old bay
- chives or green onion to top
Here’s where I’m at so far:
- Melt butter in a large pan that can be used to make the entire soup
- Add in chopped up garlic, onions, carrots, and celery to saute until soft.
- Add the seafood broth, bring to a boil, add the tomato paste and stir, then let simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour your soup into a blender. Add in about half of the lobster to the blender. Cover blended and blend until smooth.
- Add the blended concoction back into the soup pan.
- Add in the sherry, bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes
- Add in the heavy cream, seasonings (except chives), and the remaining lobster, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently
- Stir in xanthan gum if you’d like the soup thicker
- Serve. Top with chives or green onion if desired.