I love this recipe for when packs of Bone-in Skin-on chicken thighs are buy-one-get-one-free.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 TBSP unsalted grass-fed butter, separated into 2 TBSP and 1 TBSP
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of gluten-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Juice of a lemon or 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Coat the chickens with the paprika, salt, and pepper
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat 2 TBSP of the butter. (If you don’t have an over-proof skillet large enough, just use any skillet and then transfer everything to a large baking dish at the end to bake.)
- Once melted add the chicken thighs, skin side down first, and sear 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. You can drain the excess fat from the skillet if you want.
- Melt the last TBSP butter in the same skillet. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then stir in broth, cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, and thyme. Bring to a boil then turn off heat.
- Return chicken to skillet. Place skillet in oven to roast the chicken, approx 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 F
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe modified from DamnDelicious.net