My first attempt at a lemon-type pie. Doesn’t even taste like it’s sugar/flour free.
I took the recipe from IbreatheImhungry.com and adapted it to my liking, and added a layer.
Bottom Layer –
- Spray a round pie tin with coconut oil spray
- Melt 3 TBSP kerrygold butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Stir in 1 Cup of Almond flour, 1/4 cup of granulated erythritol, and 1 tsp of lemon extract
- Stir and remove from heat once full combined
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the oiled pie tin
- Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes, or until edges are just browning and the whole thing is golden brown
- Put in fridge to cool
Middle Layer –
- Combine 8 TBSP of softened Kerrygold butter with 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tsp lemon extract. Mix well with electric mixer.
- In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup almond flour, 3/4 cup of erythritol, and a pich of salt
- Add wet to dry and mix with an electric mixer
- Spray a pie tin with a good amount of coconut oil spray
- Pour mixture into pan, and bake at 325 F for 15-20 minutes until set.
- Let cool then put into the fridge
Top Lemon Layer –
- Melt 8 TBSP of kerrygold butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Remove from heat. Whisk in 1/2 cup erytrhitol, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, and 2 tsp of lemon extract
- Whisk in 6 egg yolks, then return to low heat
- Whisk continuously over low heat until it starts to thicken.
- From from heat and strain over a bowl, then chill in the fridge
- In another large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip up 1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, and 1 TBSP erythritol. Whip until large peaks form.
- Fold a third of the whipped cream mixture into the chilled lemon curd mixture. Then add in the remaining whipped cream and stir gently together until well combined but still fluffy.
- Take a spatula and spread about 10% of the lemon fluff mixture on top of the bottom layer
- Remove the middle layer from it’s tin, carefully, and put on top of the lemon fluffed bottom layer
- Add the remaining lemon fluff to the top of the middle layer
- Garnish with lemon zest, whipped cream, and thinly sliced lemon pieces as desired.
To save time, you could also just double the bottom layer recipe and omit the middle layer.