I’m not really a big French Toast fan, but my husband is. When I gave him this plate he couldn’t even tell it was Keto food.
- A few slices of low-carb Soul Bread
- 2 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 1 TBSP of Pyure or other Keto approved sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp powdered keto sweetener such as swerve
- 1-2 TBSP of sugar-free pancake syrup
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Melt most of the butter in pan
- Put the slices of bread into the pan to soak up some melted butter, them flip them over
- Immediately add half of the pyure and half of the cinnamon to the top of each slice of bread
- Fry the slice for half a minute or so. Add more butter to pan if it’s looking dry
- Flip bread over and add the remaining pyure and cinnamon to the top of each bread slice
- Fry the slice for half a minute or so.
- Flip one or more two times to preference
- Serve immediately. Add the syrup and sprinkle on the powdered swerve.
TIP: You should be fat-adapted before trying recipes like this, as sugar-free syrups are easy trigger foods. Sugar-free syrups should not be a regular part of a ketogenic diet. This should rather be a rare treat. Regular ketogenic meals should be real, whole foods and not processed fake food.