This oatmeal/cereal-like bowl of yumminess is sure to cure any craving for breakfast oatmeal or actual cereal. Plus, its packed full of nutrient-dense and fiber-rich ingredients, as well as rich in Omega 3’s. Some may even call this “Noatmeal” since there are no oats.
This does have carbs, but pretty much all of them are from fiber. So for those who track “net carbs” this is really just a couple.
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, unflavored or vanilla. Feel free to add more if you like your “oatmeal” more liquidy.
- 1 TBSP flax meal
- A handful of raw pecans, snapped in half (~15g or 1/8 cup).
- 1 TBSP of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pyure or other keto-approved sweetener
- 1 medium or large strawberry, cut into slices
- Soak the chia seeds in your “oatmeal bowl” with the almond milk for a few minutes. This allows them to get gelatinous which is great for your colon
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and enjoy 🙂
You can sub almond milk for coconut milk as well, or add both.