Enjoy your favorite breakfast sandwich on a Keto English Muffin!
You will need:
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tbsp kerrygold butter
- 2 tbsp almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pasture-raised egg, beaten
- Spray a ramekin with cooking spray, ideally coconut oil spray. If you don’t have a ramekin you can use a mug
- Add in almond butter and butter, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, and baking powder
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and almond milk
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined
- Add this mixture to the now cooled butter/almond butter ramekin, and stir all together until well mixed.
- Microwave 2 minutes. It will rise a little out of the ramekin during this process but it never overflows.
- Allow it to cool a minute, then slice in half. It should look like an English muffin now. Put the halves into the broiler on the top rack for a couple minutes to toast (or a toaster oven if you have one). Check frequently to prevent burning.
Now your muffin is ready to top with your favorite breakfast sandwich ingredients.
I like to top it with a fried egg, bacon, a slice of cheese, and some sort of sauce (like a spicy mayo, or garlic aioli).
Bring some napkins. This can get messy but it definitely hits the spot when craving a breakfast sandwich. Usually I only eat one side of the muffin and refrigerate the other, as this is very filling.
I’ve also used a leftover half with leftover steak and some cheese to create a melty steak muffin.
Note: This is my favorite Keto English muffin recipe which is from Sugarfreemom.com. The recipe says you can use Cashew, Peanut, or Almond butter, but only Almond butter is actually Keto, so I use Barney’s unsweetened almond butter.