Deviled eggs are a traditional keto dish. High in fat and moderate in protein. No carbs at all. They are great as an appetizer or a snack and quite filling and satisfying. Perfect to take to parties, or on the road, as well.
- 12 Eggs, hard-boiled
- 4 TBSP Mayo. Use a brand with no added sugars such as Duke’s, or better yet, make your own.
- 2 TBSP Sour Cream (full fat)
- 1 TBSP Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Pink Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Paprika and dried Parsley to top
The spices I use are just what I really prefer, but really feel free to try any spice combination.
- Cut each hard boiled egg in half length-wise, and remove the yolks
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, and all ingredients except the egg whites, paprika and parsley. Mush together with a fork and stir quickly to form a smooth filling.
- Plop a spoonful of the filling into each egg white.
- Top with sprinkled paprika (or try smoked paprika) and dried parsley.