You can enjoy this ketofied bagel while on a ketogenic diet!
This recipe makes 9 bagels.
I used a silicone 9-donut pan for these and it turned out great. Very easy to pop out of a silcone pan.
- 4.5 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 6 TBSP cream cheese
- 2.25 cups almond flour
- 3 tsp xantham gum
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp melted grass-fed butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Put in another 30 seconds or until completely melted.
- Combine Almond flour, xantham gum, and eggs in a separate mixing bowl until well combined.
- Combine the 2 mixtures together and mix until those are well combined. If this gets tough, add a TBSP of really hot water to the mix to help. Knead until fully combined.
- Roll the dough out into 9 logs. Wrap each log into the donut pan and knead the end into a bagel formation.
- Combine seeds and seasonings in a bowl and stir to combine the topping
- Brush on the melted button on top of each bagel.
- Sprinkle on the topping
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the edges and top are a little browned
Each bagel is around 400 Calories, 7g Net Carbs, 54g Fat, & 17g protein.
Cut the bagel in half, add some butter, garlic salt, and parsley and eat as a garlic butter bagel.
Add a fried egg, cheese, mayo, and bacon to turn it into a breakfast sandwich.
You could also use it for a lunch sandwich, or just toast it and put some cream cheese on it!
Want more bread substitutes for Keto and Low-carb lifestyle? Visit the bread substitutes category here. All recipes are low-carb, grain-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, and 100% Keto friendly.
Note: A lot of recipes on Keto call for Almond Meal or Almond Flour. This can be expensive in the store, but I buy this one on Amazon subscription to buy in bulk and save 15% on the price.