Be aware of and avoid “low carb wraps.” They are full of wheat and other non-keto ingredients that will spike your insulin. Instead, make your own taco shells! This will give you the crunch you’re looking for and all the flavor of a traditional taco.
You will need:
- Ground beef (ideally grass-fed)
- Taco seasoning for the beef: cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, ground mustard, paprika, pink salt, black pepper
- Cheddar or Mexican cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Sauce
Feel free to adjust the ingredients above. You could also use chicken instead of beef, and you can add salsa, green peppers, guacamole, etc. Whatever you prefer in your taco!
- Brown the beef over medium high heat.
- While the beef if cooking, in a new skillet, make the cheese shells/bowls using my easy recipe here. You can make the bowls or shells as big or as small as needed.
- When the beef is browned, drain some of the fat, so it’s not greasy.
- Add seasonings to taste
- Assemble and enjoy! I add the beef to the bowl, then a little more cheese, then top with a little taco sauce and sour cream.
If you enjoyed this, try a Taco Salad. It’s similar, but just has some nice butter lettuce under it. Try the recipe here.