For the crust and topping:
- 1.25 cups of almond flour
- 5 TBSP of 100% cocoa powder
- 5 TBSP of Pyure or other approved keto-sweetener
- 3.5 TBSP grass-fed butter, melted
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then stir in the melted butter.
- Set aside enough to sprinkle on top later (about 25% of the mixture)
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×9″ baking dish.
- Now make the almond butter layer….
For the Almond butter layer:
- 3/4 cup of organic heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powdered swerve, or if you don’t have powdered you can use Pyure or other approved keto-sweetener
- 3/4 cup almond butter (make sure it has no added sugar, such as Barney’s Bare Smooth)
- Put half of the cream and the 1/2 tsp of stevia into a mixing bowl, and beat with an electronic mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sweetener until smooth. Then add in the almond butter and the rest of the cream and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread this mixture over the prepared crust from above.
- Use the remaining crust mixture and sprinkled on top.
- Refrigerate over night. I personally think it tastes better after it’s been in the fridge for 24 hours. Cut into squares.
Recipe inspired and adapted from http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com